I can’t wait for this weekend’s campout! We have 41 total campers when you include the Arrow Cubs and Adults!
I have a few reminders –
- One Scout Per Tent – Until further notice, we will be camping ONE Scout per tent. If your scout has a tent he wants to use, please allow him to bring it.
- Cooking by Patrols – We will be cooking by Patrols from now on. Your Scout needs to bring a Water Bottle and his Mess Kit (Plate/frisbee and eating utensils), and a cup. If your scout requires Cooking for his next rank or the Cooking Merit Badge, he needs to speak up and ask his Patrol Leader to cook for meals. We don’t ‘do requirements’. We complete requirements because we do what Scouts do. That may sound a little confusing at first, but it will begin to make more sense as you think about it.
- Patrol Food – Several Scouts are purchasing food for their patrol. The budget is $10 per person. You can either pay out of pocket and bring a receipt to Mr. Hill for reimbursement OR contact him to meet at the grocery store to pay. His phone number is (903) 530-1610.
- Be Prepared – Watch the Weather. We will also be working on Orienteering, Lashing, and Fire Building. Your Scout can bring anything he needs to aid in these activities (except liquid fire accelerants!)
- Payment – If you have not paid yet, please do so at https://troop359.com/december or bring $10 cash Saturday Morning.
Arrive at the church by 7 AM Saturday Morning for departure. We plan on coming home by 2 PM on Sunday. Field Uniforms are required for travel and chapel services.
Please let me know if you have any questions