Good Evening Troop!
For scouts camping this weekend, please meet at the church at 6 PM tomorrow night. We will be back at 2 PM on Sunday
Please ensure your Scout is packed for the weather! Polar Bear patches are all but guaranteed this weekend.
Couple of tips –
- Layer Up – 2 or three layers will outperform a single big layer. Layers allow more air to be trapped against the body which provides better insulation. Scouts can remove layers throughout the day and add them back as the sun sets in the evening. Personally, I will have a Thermal-type Base Layer, Troop Shirt, Fleece jacket/vest Mid-Layer, and a Puffy jacket.
- Gloves – Cold hands and fingers can ruin a campout.
- Nalgene Bottle at Night – Fill a Nalgene-type bottle with hot water (not boiling) and slide it into the sleeping bag will help keep scouts warm throughout the night.
- Beanies – Keep your head covered! Scouts will stay exponentially warmer if they wear a Beanie, Toboggan, Balaclava, Took, etc during the day and while sleeping.
- Chapstick – Often forgotten, but highly desired!
Have a great night and we’ll see everyone tomorrow night at 6 PM!